Dukan Diet Recipes > Side dishes > Dukan Diet Veal With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
- Veal (450.0 g)
- Red Bell Pepper (2.0 medium pepper)
- Garlic (3.0 clove)
- Onions - Raw (0.5 small)
- Parsley - Cooked (0.25 cup)
- White Table Wine (2.5 oz)
- Fat Free Sour Cream (0.33 cup)
- Dry Grated Parmesan Cheese (2.0 tbsp)
- Salt (1.0 dash)
- Black Pepper (1.0 dash)
Another meat dish that’s perfectly okay with your diet. These veal cutlets are tender and juicy. Paired with the smoky and spicy flavors from the roasted bell peppers, the whole dish transforms into a gourmet dish that will delight the any distinguished palette.
- Prepare the ingredients as indicated in the recipe above.
- Mince the cloves or garlic and onions. Finely chop the sprigs of parsley.
- Measure accurately the liquid ingredients like the white wine and sour cream.
- For the white wine, a fruity white wine like a chardonnay will be great for this dish. The sweetness from the wine will complement the sweetness from the young beef and the spiciness of our red pepper sauce.
- For the sour cream, if you do not have any on stock, you may replace this with fat free yogurt, fat free cream cheese, or even fat free cream. Using sour cream though adds a tanginess quality to the sauce that balances the whole dish.
- Firstly, roast your red bell peppers in the griller or oven or simply over stove fire. You’ll know it’s ready once the skin has blackened a bit.
- Remove the burnt skin and the seeds from the bell peppers. Puree the roasted red bell pepper meat in a blender or food processor. Set this aside.
- Cut your veal cutlets into strips.
- Take out your frying pan and lightly coat this with non-stick spray or cooking oil. Remove excess oil by wiping your pan with a kitchen towel.
- Saute the minced garlic and onions. Leave for a couple of minutes to let the onions sweat and allow the garlic flavor to develop.
- Add your strips of beef cutlets and cook until all sides are browned. Do not leave your veal cutlets in the pan for very long as this will tend to dry out your meat.
- Pour in the wine to deglaze the pan. This will scrape out all that goodness from browning the meat that has stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the pureed roasted red bell pepper sauce, the sour cream, and the chopped parsley to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat right away once it does so.
- Taste the dish and season it with salt and pepper as necessary.
- Remove the dish from the heat and transfer it to a serving plate. Top this with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- You may pair this dish with Dukan Diet Tofu Shirataki noodles to create a complete pasta meal.
- Enjoy the dish while warm. Bon appétit!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving