Nutrisystem Recipes > Main dishes > Nutrisystem Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
- Chicken Breast (8.0 oz raw)
- Lite Bleu Cheese Dressing & Dip (2.0 tbsp)
- Pepper or Hot Sauce (2.0 tsp)
- Worcestershire Sauce (0.66 tbsp)
- Cos or Romaine Lettuce - Raw (3.0 cup of shredded)
- Tomatoes - Raw (0.5 cup chopped or sliced)
- Carrots - Raw (0.25 cup of chopped)
This is a salad that bursts with the flavors of Buffalo chicken wings. It’s a great healthy substitute for Buffalo wing lovers out there. This will surely satisfy your cravings for it. Combined with a lovely ranch and bleu cheese dressing, each bite of the salad is rich and creamy but without the calories.
- Measure and prepare all ingredients beforehand as indicated in the recipe above. This is one of the few recipes where in you don’t have to buy a Nutrisystem pack. For this recipe, we will be using real chicken breast.
- Roughly chop or shred your Romaine Lettuce and dice the tomatoes.
- Shred the carrots into thin strips. Set the vegetables aside.
- To keep your Romaine lettuce crisp and fresh, soak them in ice cold water for about 15 minutes before starting preparation. You will noticeably see the fresh greens liven up after soaking them in the water.
- Clean chicken breast and prepare it for grilling. You can pan grill the chicken if you don’t have an outdoor griller.
- Heat the grill or pan and cook your chicken breast until they are done. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165 degrees F. There shouldn’t be any visible red spots. The chicken meat should turn white.
- While grilling, baste the chicken with Hot wing sauce if you have any. Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce is one of the best.
- Once cooked, cut your chicken breast into bite-sized cubes. Set these aside.
- In a medium bowl, pour your ranch or bleu cheese salad dressing, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix the mixture to incorporate the ingredients with each other.
- Taste the salad dressing and season it with salt and pepper as necessary.
- Pour your diced chicken breast into the salad dressing. Mix so that the chicken pieces are coated evenly with the salad dressing. Leave this mixture to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss your Romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes, and carrot strips in a salad bowl. Keep them chilled in the fridge while waiting for the chicken pieces to completely marinate.
- Once ready to serve, take out your fresh greens and pour the salad dressing with the chicken pieces on top of it. Lightly toss the salad.
- Your salad is ready. Enjoy immediately after tossing the salad dressing into the mix.
- As a general rule, don’t mix your salad dressing into the greens until you are ready to eat it. The salad dressing will cause your greens to wilt.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving