HCG Diet Recipes > Soups and drinks > Hcg Diet Tomato Soup Recipe
- Tomato (170g)
- Garlic (2.0 clove)
- Cold Water (1.0 cup)
- Basil (Dried) (2.0 tsp ground)
- Salt (2.0 dash)
- Onion Powder (2.0 tsp)
- Black Pepper (2.0 dash)
You can make scrumptious and nutritious meal out of tomatoes. Here is a recipe on how to prepare tomato soup.
- Start by preparing your broiler. Preheat it and proceed with the next step.
- Get the tomatoes; make sure to wash it with clean water and then using a sharp knife, cut each of the tomatoes in half.
- Then on a nonstick baking sheet, put the tomatoes flat side down. Put them on the broiler.
- Broil the tomatoes for 5 to 10 minutes or until the skins are swell up and darkened.
- When the tomatoes are cooked, let them cool for a while. Then remove the seeds and skins.
- Next, you will need a medium sized frying pan for this step. Put the pan over medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of water into the pan and heat until the water starts to boil. Then add ½ teaspoon of onion powder and continue to cook for at least 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. While cooking, proceed with preparing your tomato puree.
- Get a food processor or blender and put the sliced tomatoes. Pulse until you achieve a smooth puree.
- When done, pour the tomato puree into the frying pan. Then add 1/4 cup of water.
- Stir to blend the tomato puree with the mixture in the pan. Continue cooking until it starts boiling.
- When the mixture starts to boil, adjust the heat from medium to low. Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes more.
- After 5 minutes, add 3/4 teaspoon of basil, a dash of salt and pepper for seasoning. Transfer your soup into a bowl and serve.
- Tomato Soup Facts:
Tomato soup is a soup made from tomatoes. It is served hot and sometimes cold, and it can be made in different ways.
There are recipes that results to a smooth mixture, but there are also those that put tomato chunks and cream and/or chicken stock. Some also adds toppings for tomato soup. Most of the commonly used toppings for this kind of soup are croutons and sour cream.
Tomato soup is one of Poland’s top comfort foods. The United States rank Tomato among the top three soup flavors produced by Campbell Soup Company.
Tomato is available in the market in canned, condensed, and in powder form.
Tomato soup is usually made by blanching fresh tomatoes, removing the skins and seeds, and then blending them to make a puree.
Tomatoes are very healthy because of the vitamins it contains which can be very useful to those who consume tomatoes. Here are some of the health benefits that one may have from eating tomatoes.
It can serve as anti-oxidant because it contains a lot of vitamin A and C. It is important to remember to use raw tomatoes. The more red the tomato, the more beta-carotene (a vitamin that act as anti-oxidant) it contains.
Tomatoes can help in controlling the blood sugar level of a person with diabetes. It can also fight against some of the carcinogens which can be caused by cigarette smoke.
It also helps maintain healthy vision and strong and shiny hair since tomatoes are packed with a lot of vitamin A. It can strengthen our bones and repair some minor ways bones and bone tissue because of its fair amount of vitamin K and calcium.
Other health benefits include tomatoes fighting the risk of having prostate cancer in men, stomach and colorectal cancer because of the lycopene it contains. It is known to be an anti-oxidant that helps stop the growth of cancer cells. Tomato consumption also lessens the risk of gallstones and kidney stones.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving