HCG Diet Recipes > Side dishes > Hcg Diet Dressing Recipe
- Garlic (1.0 clove)
- Mayonnaise (3.0 tbsp)
- Lemon Juice (0.5 cup)
- Lard or any cooking oil (Butter/Olive Oil) (3.0 tbsp)
- Water (1.0 cup (8 fl oz))
- Dijon Mustard (1.0 oz)
- Anchovy Paste (2.0 tsp)
- The Original Worcestershire Sauce (1.0 tsp)
- Pepper (0.25 tsp)
- Romaine Lettuce (2.0 heads)
- Parmesan Cheese (2.0 oz, chunks)
Do you have a tasteless salad and you want to add more flavor to it? Why not try this very simple recipe for a dressing that will give a great aroma to your salad. Adding this citrus dressing will make it more scrumptious.
- Get a Parmesan cheese and slice it into chunks. Then get a large garlic clove and peel off the skin.
- Prepare the food processor or blender for this step. Get the sliced Parmesan cheese (chunks) and add 2 ounces on the blender/food processor. Put a large garlic clove on it as well.
After that, start blending the cheese and garlic until thoroughly mixed.
- Next, prepare the following ingredients for this step. Make sure that the mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, water, Dijon mustard, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper are within reach to easily finish the next step for this Citrus Dressing recipe. Put them near your cooking area.
- When you’re done preparing for the ingredients, you can now start adding each of them in your food processor or blender. Make sure you add the correct serving size for each ingredient.
- Add the following on the blender or food processor: 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons anchovy paste, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
Start mixing all of the mentioned ingredients together. When the mixture is creamy, you can then stop your blender or food processor.
- Open the cover of the processor on top, and place the mixture into a bowl. To completely mix the flavors of the dressing, you can chill it for at least an hour.
After refrigerating the dressing for an hour, get it from the refrigerator, and place it on a table.
- In an oven toaster, toast at least 3 pieces of bread. When done, get a large plate and put some Romaine lettuce on it. After covering it with lettuce, get your toasted bread and put them on top of the lettuce. Then get your citrus dressing and pour it on top of your lettuce and toasted bread. You can also add lemon slices for your plating.
Serve your Citrus Dressing and enjoy!
Here are some tips that you can do to spice up your salad dressing:
To preserve the crisp on your salad, you can refrigerate your serving plates.
Creamy dressings with their thicker texture are perfect with heavier ingredients like meats, potatoes or grains, pastas, and vegetables. It can also goes well if you pair your creamy or citrus dressing with seafood.
Cheesy dressings can also be used as dips for chips and chopped veggies, or it can also be used as your sauce for your burger.
If you’re pairing your dressing in a salad, to avoid having a soggy salad, it’s best if you will add the dressing at the last minute before serving it. You can use your hands to carefully combine all the leaves.
Lastly, always remember that the dressing is a seasoning made to enhance the main ingredients. It should boost their flavors, not suppress them.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving