HCG Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Hcg Diet Egg Recipe
- Green Chilli (6.0 pieces of green chillies)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (2-3 tsp)
- Onions - Cooked (3.0 cup)
- Tomatoes (6.0 large tomatoes)
- Cumin Powder (3.0 tsp)
- Garam Masala (1.5 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (3.0 tsp)
- Red Chili Powder (1.5 tsp)
- Coriander Powder (1-2 tsp)
- Coriander Leaves (3.0 cup chopped)
- Iodized Salt (0.75 tsp)
- Milk (Whole Milk) (3.0 cup)
- Eggs (18.0 hard boiled eggs)
- Vegetable Oil (3.0 cup)
In North India, a curry with boiled eggs is a popular dish. It is sometimes being served as a main course or some treat it as their evening snack. This recipe will teach you how to cook Indian Egg Curry.
- The first step is to cut the onions and the tomatoes into small sized pieces. Then gently peel off the hard boiled eggs, and cut each egg into two.
Get a large frying pan, place it on the stove and set the temperature to a high heat. Get a spoon and add 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil on the frying pan. Leave it until the oil starts slightly boiling. Then add the chopped onions on the pan, cook until its color changes to golden brown.
- When the onions are cooked, remove them from the pan and place into a food processor or a blender. Put the chopped tomatoes and the chopped chilies on the food processor and start mixing them. Stop blending once the mixture turns into a paste.
- Using the frying pan and heat, put 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil on the pan. Put the paste you made on the previous step, and cook for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add the following ingredients on your pan while the heat is on. Add the coriander powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and the ginger-garlic paste. Blend the spices and paste together until the oil starts to separate from the mixture.
- When the oil has separated, the paste should be now made into a curry. You can do this by adding 1 cup of milk or 2 small cups of warm water on the mixture. After adding it on the mixture, put the heat in a low flame and mix the water or milk with the paste until it starts to boil.
- Once it’s boiling, bring down the heat, and then you can add the sliced boiled eggs to the frying pan. Cook it for at least 10 minutes or until the curry is dense and the quantity is a little reduced.
- You can turn off the stove and stop cooking when the egg whites color turned into a light shade of yellow and when the curry is thick. Remove it from the pan and transfer it to a bowl. Garnish the egg curry with chopped coriander leaves.
- Tip: Egg Curry can be served hot as a side dish or it can also be paired with hot rice. You can add more vegetables to your own version of Egg Curry, such as boiled potatoes.
- Tip: Do you know that an egg a day may prevent macular degeneration? Yes, it’s true. According to studies, eggs are great for the eyes. It can prevent macular degeneration because of the carotenoid content, precisely lutein and zeaxanthin. Both nutrients are available to our bodies from eggs than from other sources. The people who eat eggs every day lower their risk of developing cataracts, and this is also because of the lutein and zeaxanthin in eggs.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving