HCG Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Hcg Diet Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Chicken (16.0 lbs)
- Iodized Salt (1.0 tsp)
- Barbeque Sauce (Low Sodium, Canned) (4.0 cup)
- Vegetable Oil (4.0 cup)
One of the most adaptable meats that you can put in the smoker or on the grill is CHICKEN. It is a meat that can absorb on almost any flavor and a meat which is very easy to cook. Aside from these, chicken is also known for being able to take most any seasoning and for being low fat. So for those who are on HCG Diet, this is one of the meats that you can always try to experiment when it comes to cooking delicious and healthy chicken recipe. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to grill your chicken.
- The first step is to cut your whole chicken into pieces - breasts, thighs, legs, and wings. Check for fat masses and make sure you cut these off. This will give you a presentable look on each piece of your chicken.
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and wash them well with water. When all the pieces has been washed, get some paper towels and pat dry the chicken.
- To add flavor to the chicken and enhance crispness as it cooks, season it before you start grilling. The seasoning or rub that you will use will depend on your choice.
- Make sure that your grill is clean and it does not have grease at the bottom. Preheat your grill on high heat.
Now you can start grilling your chicken pieces. It is important to remember that smaller pieces of chicken will be cooked faster compared to larger pieces. You can start grilling the large pieces of chicken or you can also start with the smaller ones. It all depends on you.
- Arrange the chicken on the grill in a way that everything will be cooked evenly and nothing will burn. You can do this by placing the smaller pieces to low temperature/low heat, and the larger ones close to higher temperature/heat.
- After 15 minutes, check the color of the chicken at the bottom (the part that is exposed to the heat of the grill). When its color changes to nice brown color, then you can now turn it over.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, reduce the heat of the grill and start putting barbecue sauce on each chicken piece. Grill until both sides of chicken are well-cooked. You can insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken piece. Chicken breasts should have 165 degrees F and 170 degrees F on thighs. If the pieces are not yet done, turn them over and continue to grill at a low temperature.
- When all the chicken pieces are cooked, turn off the grill, and remove the chicken from it. Place the chicken pieces on a plate, cover, and leave them for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, you can now serve your grilled chicken pieces. You can add lemon or lime slices on your plating and add more barbecue sauce on each piece. This recipe is good for 4 servings.
- TIP: The best part of grilling different chicken pieces is that everyone can choose the piece that they want, although it will require you to make sure that all the pieces are well-grilled so that everyone will enjoy their own piece of grilled chicken. The seasoning and sauce that you will use for this recipe will depend on you.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving