HCG Diet Recipes > Soups and drinks > Hcg Diet Hcg Diet Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Cocoa Powder Mix (1.0 serving (3 heaping tsp or 1 envelope))
- Stevia (1.0 packet)
- Water (Bottled) (0.3 fl oz)
- Milk (Nonfat) (1.0 cup)
- Vanilla Extract (1.0 tsp)
Many people love chocolate drinks. For HCG dieters, they sometimes refrain to drink or eat anything that contains sugar in order to keep up with their diet. But they can now have chocolate without worrying about its sugar content. How? This can be done by replacing sugar by using other sweeteners such as stevia. Replacing sugar with stevia won’t affect the procedure and the taste of your recipe!
- Heat cocoa powder, sugar and water in a small saucepan set over low heat. Cooking it in high temperature will most likely burn the mixture and may cause more lumps.
- Blend the ingredients by stirring it occasionally for about 1 to 2 minutes. Make sure reach the bottom and sides when stirring it so that it won’t get burned.
- Pour the milk and vanilla into the mixture and it all together. Pour it into a cup, serve it with a dust of cocoa powder, marshmallows or whipped cream on top and pair it with some yummy cookies!
- Health benefits of chocolates: There are a lot of different chocolate varieties that can be bought in the market, and each gives healthy benefits to our body.
- Chocolates like cocoa are high in anti-oxidants which helps fight bad cholesterol and it contains flavonoids that help fight free radicals in the body that may cause cancer.
- Cacao is rich in magnesium that helps regulate the digestion, prevent from diabetes and heart diseases. A cup of cocoa is equivalent to almost three times a cup of anti-oxidant properties of a green tea.
- Based on studies, the anti-oxidants from the cacao helps clean up the plaque out of the arteries.
- Dark chocolate helps to normalize the blood pressure and relieves hypertension. A chocolate contains serotonin which helps to set the mood.
- When eating chocolates it creates feelings of happiness and pleasure which makes it as a natural anti-depressant. Believe it or not, dark chocolate doesn’t have that high sugar levels, it can even help to reduce your blood sugar and just like cacao it is full of anti-oxidants as well.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving