HCG Diet Recipes > Side dishes > Hcg Diet Hcg Diet Marinara Sauce Recipe
- Tomatoes - Raw (12.0 large whole)
- Basil (Dried) (2.0 tsp of leaves)
- Parsley (0.5 tbsp)
- Garlic (3.0 clove)
- Onion Powder (1.0 tbsp)
- Season-All Seasoned Salt with Pepper (0.5 tsp)
This is a very easy homemade marinara sauce recipe that anyone will surely love! Use it to serve with your favorite pasta and have your classic Italian meal.
- In a small non-stick sauce pan set over medium-high heat, pour a few cups of water and bring to boil. Cut of the green stems of the tomatoes and use a serrate knife or any sharp knife to score the skin of the tomatoes.
- Lightly score the tomatoes before blanching them into the hot water. This method makes it easier for you to remove the tomato skin once the tomatoes have been blanched.
- Prepare cold water in a separate bowl. Blanch the tomatoes for about 1 to 2 minutes, then immediately transfer them into the cold water to cool.
- Peel of the skin of the tomatoes and discard the skin. Discard the boiling water into the saucepan and wipe it off.
- Put it back into the stove set over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot enough, add-in the tomatoes, garlic, and onion powder.
- Season it with salt and pepper to taste. Stir all the ingredients until just incorporated. Taste, and re-season if necessary.
- Re-adjust the heat into low temperature, and then cover the pan. Simmer it for about 15 minutes. Check the marinara sauce while it’s simmering and stir it occasionally on the bottom and the sides of the pan to prevent the sauce from sticking or burning.
- After 15 minutes, re-adjust again the heat into medium temperature and add-in the parsley and basil. Cook it for about 5 to 10 minutes or so. If the marinara sauce is too thick add water gradually while continuously stirring it until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Check the taste and re-season if needed. You may also add more garlic or other ingredients to adjust the taste of the marinara sauce. Then it’s done!
- Tips: Add your favorite herbs and spices for this marinara sauce to make it extra special. This sauce is perfect for pasta. For those who prefer a smooth marinara sauce use the blender or a food processor to make a smooth puree.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving