HCG Diet Recipes > Desserts > Hcg Diet Phase 3 Dessert Recipe
- Sugar (8.0 cups)
- Eggs (10.0 eggs)
- Semolina (4.0 cups)
- Margarine (200.0 g)
- Baking Powder (Low Sodium) (2.0 oz)
- Flour (2.0 1/2 cups)
- Walnuts (1.0 pound crushed)
- Water (3cups/3 quarts)
- Orange Peel (2.0 large piece)
- Cinnamon Stick (2.0 stick)
If you're on Phase 3 HCG Diet, then you can add this non-fattening Walnut Cake meal in your list of recipes. This can be prepared by following the provided steps below using the simple ingredients in a short period of time.
- Begin by mixing together the one and a half cups of flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder in a bowl. Be sure to whisk then together carefully. Set it aside.
You will need to get a large bowl for this step. Beat the 5 eggs and then add one and a half cups of sugar. Mix the eggs and sugar on the large bowl.
- When you’re done and you were able to mix well the sugar and eggs, you can now add ¾ cup of melted margarine, 2 cups of semolina, walnuts, and the flour and baking powder mixture. Mix all the ingredients together to combine them all until a smooth batter is formed.
Preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius. While waiting for the oven to heat up, get a cake pan or baking dish and grease it with oil or butter or margarine.
- Now transfer the cake batter. From the large bowl, put it to the greased cake pan or baking dish. Then put your cake pan or baking dish to your preheated oven. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- While baking the cake, you can now start making the syrup. Start by adding water in a saucepan and add sugar to melt. Cook it until it starts boiling.
When it starts boiling, add cinnamon stick and orange peel. Allow it to boil for another 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat and dispose the orange peel and cinnamon stick.
- When your cake is completely baked, remove the cake pan or baking dish from the oven. Transfer your cake in a plate. Allow it to cool off for a while before adding the syrup.
- When your cake is slightly cooled, pour in the hot syrup. Then set aside for hours and wait for it to be cooled and until the syrup was absorbed. You can also chill or cut your cake before serving.
- Walnut Facts:
1) Walnut Cake is known to have high nutritional value because walnuts contain elements which are essential for our body. It contains Vitamin E, Omega 3 fatty acids, magnesium, thiamine, zinc and iron. Walnuts can be of big help in avoiding depression because eating this will definitely perk up your mood. Aside from great mood booster, it also helps us maintain a healthy heat and prevents us from having any cardiovascular problem.
- 2) Walnuts also contain an ellagic acid, an antioxidant compound which prevents us from having cancer by blocking the metabolic pathways.
- 3) Most of us avoid eating nuts because we fear that we might gain weight from eating them. A study was published shows that people who eat nuts at least twice a week are much less likely to gain weight than those who never eat nuts.
Tip: Don’t let your worries that you might gain weight prevents you from enjoying the scrumptious taste and many health benefits of nuts!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving