HCG Diet Recipes > Side dishes > Hcg Diet Red Cabbage Recipe
- Red Cabbage - Raw (1.0 head large)
- Red Onions (1.0 medium)
- Granny Smith Apples, sliced (2.0)
- Cajun Seasoning (2.0 tsp)
- Salt (1.0 dash)
- Black Pepper (1.0 dash)
This recipe applies red cabbage, which savors exactly the same as green cabbage. With its sturdy texture and gorgeous color, this one makes food’s visual appeal more appetizing.
- Add 1 cup of water to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add cabbage, onion, cajun seasoning and cook. Stir from time to time for 10-12 minutes, add more water if necessary.
- When all ingredients are mixed well, add Granny Smith apples to the pot and cook. Cover for an extra 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle some if you want to make it more salty and spicy, all depends on your desired taste.
- Fact: Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable that is eatable both raw and cooked. Red and green cabbage are two unlike cabbage forms that have a like flavor, though red cabbage tilts to be more tasty than green. Heads of red cabbage are also littler and heavier than green cabbage heads. Both cabbage varieties supply a wealth of health benefits.
- Cabbage Benefits: Vitamin A
If you make a cup of chopped green cabbage to your diet, you'll get 3 percent of your daily measure of vitamin A. But if you prefer for a cup of chopped red cabbage, you'll add 19 percent of your daily value of vitamin A to your diet for. Vitamin A is an substantive nutrient that helps keep your teeth, skeletal tissue, skin and mucous membranes.
- Cabbage Benefits: Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a requirement vitamin that your body requires to promote new tissue growth. Your body employs vitamin C to repair wounds and to maintain your bones, cartilage and teeth healthy. Both red and green cabbage are beneficial sources of vitamin C, but you'll get a extremely boost from adding red cabbage to your diet. While a cup of chopped green cabbage comprises 47 percent of your daily value of vitamin C, consuming a cup of chopped red cabbage will acquire you 84 percent of your daily value.
- Cabbage Benefits: Iron
Cabbage does propose a small number of this necessary mineral. Eating a cup of chopped green cabbage will add 2 percent of your daily amount of iron to your diet, while a cup of shredded red cabbage comprises 3 percent. Your body demands iron to maintain your red blood cells operating the right way, carrying oxygen to all of your cells. If you don't get plenty iron in your diet, you could suffer from anemia, which can lead to fatigue.
- Cabbage Benefits:Anthocyanins
Red cabbage brags an extra alimentary not found in green cabbage. Anthocyanins are the antioxidants that contribute red cabbage its purple color. These flavonoids are acknowledged for their health-boosting benefits including cancer-fighting and memory betterment. Anthocyanins may lead to healthy weight loss by serving your body release hormones that metabolize fat and inhibit your appetence.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving