HCG Diet Recipes > Side dishes > Hcg Diet Salsa Recipe
- Large Tomato, diced (1.0)
- Sea Salt (1.0 dash)
- Chile Powder (0.125 tsp)
- Cilantro (1.0 tsp)
- Freshly Squeezed Juice Of Lemon (0.5)
Cooking is especially fun when you're preparing a favorite nosh that tastes more well than the store-bought variant. Fresh tomatoes make this homemade salsa so much better than salsa from a jar.
- Take and hand mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Make sure that all ingredients are well distributed.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator for approximately 5 hours. Best for nachos and other preferred chips!
- Facts: Salsa has become a more popular condiment than ketchup, according to some sales studies. There are many health benefits of eating tomatoes. Tomatoes comprise compounds that have been tested to help keep cancer, heart disease, cataracts and many others. Daily intake of tomato provides a great boost to health apart from improving the flavor of food.
- Tip: Contrary to popular belief, color is not the best way to choose a tomato. Yes, you want one in a deep hue, but there are other factors to consider. A good tomato is free of bruises and dark spots; it feels heavy and firm but still tender, and it smells like a tomato. If it doesn't, it's not ripe enough.
- Tip: For cutting a tomato, work with something saw-toothed. The tomato is so tender that using a smooth knife can end up squeezing into it instead of cutting through it. Simply saw through the fruit using a soft touch, and you'll find it gives easily and constructs a nice edge.
- Tip: For Rough Chopping: When you're slicing tomatoes for sauce, you don't require to get rid of the seeds, and you don't need perfect little dices. Any old figure will do. Save up time by chopping in bunches.
Begin by cutting the center of the tomato into slices, and then make bunches of two slices each. Slice through each stack, going around 90 degrees after each pass, until you've got your sought after size of tomato chunks.
If, on the other hand, you're making garnish or pico de gallo, you may want something a bit less rustic.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving