Dukan Diet Recipes > Main dishes > Dukan Diet Homemade Beef Jerky Recipe
- Soy Sauce (Shoyu) (Low Sodium) (2.0 cup)
- Beef Flank (Lean Only, Trimmed to 0'' Fat) (1500.0 g)
- Worcestershire Sauce (0.5 cup)
- Piri Piri Sauce (60.0 ml)
- Ginger (0.25 cup slices)
- Garlic Powder (2.0 tbsp)
- Onion Powder (1.0 tbsp)
- Black Pepper (5.0 dash)
- Star Anise (1.0 piece)
A homemade beef jerky recipe perfect for those following the Dukan Diet. This low sodium and no sugar recipe is perfect for all weight watchers out there.
- In a large bowl, prepare the marinade. Mix the low sodium soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, piri piri sauce, the onion powder, the garlic powder, ginger, black pepper, and star anise (crushed) in a mixing bowl. Stir to incorporate ingredients.
Note: You may replace the Piri Piri Sauce with your choice of spicy ingredient. You may also lessen or completely remove this ingredient from the recipe if you don’t like spicy food.
- Prepare the lean beef. Cut the beef into thin slices similar to that of store bought beef jerky. The thinner the cut is, the better it would be. Not only will it be faster to dry out the meat but the meat would also be more flavorful.
Tip: It would be easier to cut the beef into thin slices if you freeze it beforehand. You can also ask your butcher to do this for you.
- Marinate the beef in the marinade for 24 hours. Mix the beef slices into the bowl with the marinade. Stir the mixture in order to cover all the beef slices with the marinade. Leave the mixture inside the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- After marinating the beef for 24 hours, separate the beef strips from the marinade. Let excess marinade drip. Pat the beef strips dry with a clean towel cloth to speed up the process.
- On a wire rack, hang the beef strips for drying in the oven. Leave ample space in between each strip so the heat can circulate through each strip evenly.
Put the wire rack on the top shelf of your oven. Place a baking dish or line the bottom of your oven with aluminium foil to catch the drippings. While you don’t really need the drippings, it will make cleaning your oven easier afterwards.
- Set your oven to 140 C. Leave the open door slightly ajar. Let the beef strips dry out completely before taking them out of the oven. This will take around 4 to 6 hours depending on the size of your oven.
- Once dried out, let the beef strips cool in room temperature. Once cool, store them in air tight containers. This can be stored for months. For best results, keep in a cool and dry place.
Note that you may also use a dehydrator to make your beef jerky. Just follow the instructions on how to use the machine for dehydrating beef strips.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving