Medifast Recipes > Soups and drinks > Medifast Bacon Soup Recipe
- Extra Lean Ground Beef (5.0 oz, cooked)
- Mexican Cheese (Reduced Fat) (1.0 cup)
- Beef Broth (2.0 cup)
- Light Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow Cheese (2.0 wedge)
- Diced Tomatoes with Juice (1.0 cup)
- Oscar Meyer Turkey Bacon Bits (2.0 tsp)
Here’s another healthy way to prepare Bacon Soup.
- Get a sauce pan and heat it over medium flame.
- Add the following ingredients into the sauce pan - cooked lean ground beef, 1/2 cup of 2% reduced fat Mexican Cheese, 1 cup of low sodium beef broth, 1 wedge Light Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow Cheese, 1/2 cup diced tomatoes in juice, and 1 teaspoon of Oscar Meyer turkey bacon bits.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients. Cook on high heat until the cheese has melted.
- When it’s completely cooked, remove the sauce pan from heat and transfer your soup in a bowl. Serve hot.
- Tips when cooking bacon:
To separate the bacon easily, if you’ve purchased a package of slice bacon and it is stored in the refrigerator, you must take it out from the refrigerator thirty minutes before cooking. Then gently glide the dull edge of a butter knife along the length between the strips, slowly separate the slices.
When cooking bacon using frying method, you must always keep an eye on it and flip over the other side often. This will prevent the bacon from burning. Older bacon will cook and burn almost twice as quickly as fresh bacon.
If you want to have very crispy bacon, you must choose thinner slices and cook in medium to medium-low heat. Pour or baste off the fat as it accumulates in the pan while frying. Flip over to make sure both sides are evenly cooked and to avoid shrinking while frying. Pricking with a fork will help lessen any curling problems.
The fat extracted from the cooked bacon can be used as cooking oil for its flavor. After cooking the bacon, cool the extracted oil in a room temperature and then transfer it through a fine strainer into a glass container.
Benefits of Bacon Consumption:
Bacon contains sodium which is quickly depleted when we’re under stress. It is very important to the adrenal glands (your stress response glands) that some physicians advise drinking salt water every morning for adrenal support.
Bacon contains protein which is necessary in muscle development. It is also a good source of B vitamins which are necessary for a healthy stress response and proper brain function.
Bacon from pastured pigs contains healthy saturated fat, which is one of the precursors needed to make hormones, including brain hormones and sex hormone that will keep you feeling happy.
Meat from any pastured animal has Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), a type of fat that help promote fat loss and muscle gain by helping cells become more sensitive to insulin. You don’t need to take this in the form of an expensive supplement; you can get it from eating bacon.
To make your bacon fat-free or to reduce the fat, find a local farmer that allows their pigs to run around. If you don’t know any farmers, you can check the back of the package at the health food store and choose the bacon with a lot of protein and the one with very little fat per serving. Then cook it slowly over medium heat, and drain off the fat while cooking and then drain it again using paper towels after cooking.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving