Medifast Recipes > Soups and drinks > Medifast Banana Foster Shake Recipe
- Ice Cubes (0.5 cup)
- Water (1.0 1/2 cup)
- Banana Shake Mix (Medifast) (1.0 pkg (package))
- Da Vinci Caramel Syrup (Sugar-Free) (1.0 tbsp)
Looking for a delicious dessert that is easy to prepare and won’t ruin your weight loss program? Then go check and try this very quick to prepare, and tasty Banana Foster Shake recipe.
- Get a Magic Bullet or Smoothie Maker. You can use any kind of blender in this step, as long as it can combine the necessary ingredients for this recipe.
- Add the 1 package of Medifast banana shake mix, 1 tablespoon of Da Vinci Sugar-Free caramel syrup, and ½ cup of water. Blend the mentioned ingredients.
As an alternative for Medifast banana shake mix, you can use banana for this step. You can cut the banana into large pieces and mix it on your blender.
You can also use any kind of Syrup that you would like to use for this recipe. Make sure that you’re going to use syrup that is not only tasty but also sugar-free. This will ensure that you’ll enjoy the deliciousness of your shake without worrying that it will ruin your diet.
- Then, gently add the ice cubes into the blender or Smoothie Maker/Magic Bullet. Blend it until you get a smooth and foamy mixture shake.
- Pour your banana foster shake into a pint glass (chilled pint glass, if desired). Stir and savor it.
- Here’s another way on how you can prepare your banana shake if you don’t have Medifast banana shake mix and Da Vinci Sugar-Free caramel syrup:
- You will need 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, 1 large banana, 3 tablespoons of light brown sugar, ¼ cup dark or amber rum, pinch of cinnamon, 1/3 cup of low fat milk, and 8 medium scoops of French vanilla ice cream. Then melt your butter in a nonstick pan until it stops bubbling.
- Cut your banana into large chunks and add it on the pan with the brown sugar. Coat the banana chunks with the butter and brown sugar mixture until the bananas are soft and saucy.
- Add 3 tablespoons of rum, and remove the pan from heat after 30 seconds. Add a pinch of cinnamon and stir to make sure it is well-combined.
- Set the mixture aside and proceed in preparing your shake using your blender. Add the ice cubes and when your banana mixture is cooled down, add it on the blender and start pulsing.
- Stop until the mixture is blended well. Serve and enjoy!
- Health Benefits of Bananas:
1) The tryptophan an amino acid, which can be found in bananas, can reduce depression because when it is converted to serotonin, it improves mood. So if you’re stressed or depressed, go get a banana.
2) Bananas are also high in iron which helps the body’s hemoglobin function to avoid Anemia. It is known to help maintain a normal bowel function and helps in constipation or diarrhea problems.
3) It is healthy for the bones, eyes, and kidney, prevents high blood pressure, and helps in avoiding morning sickness. If you want to quit Smoking, banana can also help your body to recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving