Medifast Recipes > Desserts > Medifast Banana Muffins Recipe
- Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal (Medifast) (4.0 pkg (package))
- Scrambled Eggs (Medifast) (4.0 pkg (package))
- Banana Pudding (Medifast) (8.0 pkg (package))
- Water (4.0 1/2 cup)
- Artificial Sweetener (8.0 - 4 pkg (package))
- Baking Powder (2.0 tsp)
- Salt (4.0 dash)
- Vanilla Extract (2.0 tsp)
- Apple Pie Spice (8.0 tsp)
Bananas can offer a wide variety of health benefits to those who regularly consume them. If you’re looking for a great tasting recipe that you can add in your list of Banana Recipes, then this one is definitely a great addition to your list! Learn how to make banana muffins by following this recipe.
- Start by preparing your oven. Preheat it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While your oven is heating, grab a mixing bowl. Put 1 package of Medifast Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal, 2 package of artificial sweetener, ½ teaspoon of baking powder, a dash of salt, and 2 teaspoons of apple pie spice. Mix the ingredients well. Set aside.
- Grab another mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients; 1 package Medifast scrambled eggs, 2 packages Medifast banana pudding, one and a half cup of water, and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients together.
- Then get your mixture of dry ingredients, and put it on the mixing bowl where you’ve mixed your wet ingredients. Make sure you combine well. Leave it aside for at least 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, mix it again. When you mixture is ready, prepare your muffin tins.
- Spray 8 muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Make sure each is well sprayed.
- When your muffin tins are ready, pour your banana muffin mixture on each of the muffin tins.
Tip: You can also use spoon when transferring your mixture to your muffin tins.
- Place your muffin tins into the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked.
- When done, remove them from the oven and put your muffins into a large plate. You can add toppings such as walnuts or chocolate chips into your muffins to make it look more appetizing.
Ingredients Tip: The following can be replaced by any available ingredient that can be used as alternatives for Medifast Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal, Medifast Scrambled Eggs, and Medifast Banana Pudding.
Eggless Banana Muffins: Eggs are high in fat and cholesterol. These can add a lot of calories in your muffins. So if you are a vegetarian and you’re following a strict diet, you can substitute mashed bananas to scrambled eggs. They can be good alternative for eggs in any baking because they add a lot of moisture. You can mix baking soda, and/or baking powder to your mashed banana to make your muffins become fluffy and light. Aside from mashed banana, you can use other egg replacer that can be a great substitute for eggs.
Tips for Muffins:
If you want to have a bread-like muffin, make sure you use less butter and sugar in your recipe. But if you want your muffins to look like cakes, you must use more butter and sugar.
The rule that should always be considered when making muffins is to avoid over mixing the batter so it won’t result to honey pucks instead of muffins. If you have thick and lumpy batter, you can add one tablespoon or one small scoop of ice cream to portion it.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving