Medifast Recipes > Main dishes > Medifast Broccoli And Chicken Recipe
- Broccoli Florets (1.0 1/2 cups)
- Chicken Breast (boneless skinless) (6.0 oz)
- Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth (0.25 cup)
- Light Soy Sauce (or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos) (1.0 teaspoon)
- Minced Garlic (0.5 clove)
- Dijon Mustard (1.0 tsp)
Looking for Easy yet Nutritious Chicken Recipes? Here is one of them: Medifast Broccoli and Chicken. Not only is this recipe easy to make; it is also quick to prepare.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce and chicken broth. Mix well. Set aside the chicken broth as it will be used later.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli then set aside in a separate bowl.
Heat a pan then pour-in cooking oil or use cooking spray on the skillet. Put-in the minced garlic when the oil is hot enough.
- Put-in your chicken in the skillet. Mix it well with the garlic and stir until cook. Let it simmer for about 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is well done. Now add the chicken broth you set aside a while ago then bring to a boil.
- Moderate the heat to medium/low. Add the 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard then stir well.
- Add the broccoli to the pan. Mix until all mixture has well combined and heated.
Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
- Facts about Broccoli
Broccoli has many health benefits such as vitamin A, and vitamin C, potassium, folacin, fiber and iron. It contains calcium that is good enough for the body just like what milk provides. It contains phytochemicals which consists of betacarotene, indoles, and isohtiocyanates. Phytochemicals fights cancer from forming. It serves as antioxidant for the body. So, when planning to cook a delicious yet nutritious meal, consider adding broccoli.
- Selecting Fresh Broccoli
Bunches that are dark green are to be chosen because it is high in nutrients. Some types are also rich in vitamin A and C such as bluish green, dark green or purplish. Vitamin A helps our eyes to light changes for example when we go inside or outside the room. It also provides moist to our eyes. While vitamin C on the other hand is a common remedy for cold and known for faster healing of wounds. Stalks are also to be considered. If the stalk is very firm, then this is the best one to pick. Otherwise, when the stalks are easy to bend and seems rubbery this indicates poor quality.
- Proper Storage
When storing broccoli, make sure you keep it unwashed inside an open plastic bag. Place the broccoli inside the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. It is best before one to two days upon purchased.
- Preparation and Cooking
If you would like to get good results on cooking broccoli, it is best to steam, microwave or stir fry with a little amount of water. It is recommended not to boil the broccoli since the nutrients are being washed out and left in the water after boil. You would know then when the broccoli is tender when you can pierce it with fork or knife and when the color is light green.
Florets are recommended as a nutritious alternative for junk foods as snack. Creative way to feel good about eating vegetable like this is when you put some low-fat dip such as cheese spread or mayo. Adding broccoli on your menu will not just make your body healthy but will give an extra point to your meal appeal since its color is a good additive to make it look great and mouthwatering.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving