Medifast Recipes > Soups and drinks > Medifast Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Cream of Broccoli Soup (Medifast) (1.0 pkg (package))
- Hot Water (6.0 oz)
- Broccoli Florets (0.5 cup chopped)
- Low Fat Cheddar Cheese (1.0 oz)
- Chicken Bouillon Cubes (1.0 cube)
Broccoli Soup is a satisfying recipe which is easy to make and good for you because of its many health promoting qualities, low in calories, cheap, and easy to cook with. Get your ingredients and kitchen tools ready and start preparing this rich in vitamins and creamy soup!
- Start by preparing your ingredients. Get you broccoli. Peel broccoli stems. Chop the broccoli florets into small pieces.
- Get a low fat cheddar cheese or any kind of low fat cheese, and slice it into chunks or small cuts. Then crush your chicken bouillon cube.
- Get a large coffee cup or a small bowl that can be placed in a microwave.
- Put the following into the large coffee cup or small bowl: 1 package Medifast Cream of Broccoli Soup, 6 ounces of hot water, ½ cup chopped broccoli florets, 1 ounce shredded or sliced low fat cheddar cheese, and 1 crushed chicken bouillon cube.
- Tip: If you don’t have Medifast Cream of Broccoli Soup, you can replace it with an alternative. Here is another way to prepare your own cream of broccoli soup: melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a stock pot, sauté chopped onions and celery. Add broccoli and broth into the pot, and simmer for 10 minutes. After doing this, you may now proceed doing the next step.
- Mix the ingredients. Then place the large coffee cup in the microwave.
Tip: To mix the ingredients, you can use food processor or blender. Pulse until it turns into smooth mixture.
- Cook the mixture for 1 minute on high heat. You can stop the microwave when the soup is cooked and when it’s ready to simmer.
- When done, remove it from the microwave. Serve the Broccoli Soup and enjoy!
Tip: You can also serve it with crusty bread.
1) It is recommended to chop only the floret of the broccoli. Discard the stalk.
2) When shopping for broccoli, make sure to choose tight, and deep colored florets. The deeper the color of the broccoli florets, the more phytonutrient it possess. It is also important to remember that the smaller the broccoli head, the better the flavor.
3) Overcooking the broccoli boosts its strong aroma and flavor, dulls the color, and leaches out nutrients. It is recommended to cook the broccoli in a minimum amount of time until tender, but still crisp.
- Broccoli Health Benefits:
1) Broccoli offers a high amount of vitamin C, which helps iron absorption in the body, prevents the risk of having cataracts, and comforts the symptoms of the common cold.
2) The folic acid in broccoli helps women maintain normal tissue growth and is usually used as a supplement when taking birth control pills and during pregnancies.
3) The potassium in broccoli helps in fighting against high blood pressure.
4) This vegetable is also rich in fiber, which improves the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, and it also decreases the blood cholesterol levels.
Broccoli has also been known to help prevent and control Alzheimer's disease, arthritis, diabetes, calcium deficiencies, stomach and colon cancer, malignant tumors, lung cancer, and heart disease.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving