Medifast Recipes > Desserts > Medifast Butterscotch Muffins Recipe
- Vanilla Pudding (Medifast) (2.0 pkg (package))
- Scrambled Eggs (Medifast) (2.0 pkg (package))
- Nestles Butterscotch Chips (40.0 - 30 chips)
- Iodized Salt (0.5 tsp)
- Baking Powder (1.0 tsp)
- Cinnamon (2.0 tbsp)
- Nutmeg (1.0 tsp)
- Honey (2.0 tbsp)
- Artificial Sweetener (4.0 - 4 pkg (package))
- Vanilla Extract (2.0 tbsp)
- Cold Water (1.0 cup)
Here is another delicious muffin recipe that you can try and serve for your family and friends. Get yourself ready to cook this Medifast Butterscotch Muffins recipe.
- Get a large bowl with wire whisk. Mix the following into the bowl - 1 package of Medifast vanilla pudding, 1 package of Medifast scrambled eggs, 20 or 30 Nestles Butterscotch chips, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and 4 packages of artificial sweetener.
- Next, add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons of honey, and ½ cup of cold water. Whisk to combine all the ingredients until the mixture becomes soupy and wet.
- Spray your 8 or 10 mini muffin tins using nonstick spray. Then fill each with the mixture. Add 2 or 3 butterscotch chips at the top of each muffin.
- When done, bake your muffins in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 to 20 minutes. Like regular muffins, they will rise while they’re inside the oven. But the muffins will fall as soon as they are taken out of the oven and cool.
- After 18 to 20 minutes, when your muffins are well cooked, take them out from the oven and let them cool for a while.
When your muffins are ready for consumption, place them in a plate and add more toppings if desired to make it look more appetizing.
- Serve your butterscotch muffins with tea or coffee. This is a great snack that can be served to your visitors or to your family.
- Cooking Tip:
You can also serve your butterscotch muffins with caramel sauce. To prepare for the sauce, add ¼ cup of warm water and ¾ cup of sugar in a saucepan and stir until sugar has dissolved. Let it simmer without stirring until its color becomes caramel. Put down the heat and add 40g unsalted butter and ¼ cup of brown sugar. Stir until dissolved. Then gently add ½ cup of thickened cream to pan, stir until smooth. Cool until a bit thickened. Drizzle your muffins with caramel sauce and serve.
- Facts on Butterscotch:
Butterscotch is a type of sweet or confectionery which is made by boiling vanilla, cream, butter, syrup, and sugar. It is similar to toffee. The difference is that the sugar in butterscotch is boiled to the soft crack stage, and toffee is boiled to the hard crack stage. Butterscotch sauce is usually used as syrup for ice cream specifically on sundaes.
The term ‘butterscotch’ is also used for the flavor of the combination of butter and brown sugar though the actual confection butterscotch is not involved. One example of this is the butterscotch pudding.
It is frequently used as a flavor for pudding, dessert sauce, and cookies. It can be bought in “butterscotch chips” which is made with hydrogenated (solid) fats so as to be similar for baking use to chocolate chips.
There are also butterscotch that are wrapped individually, translucent sometimes they are yellow colored hard candies with an artificial butterscotch flavor, which is not the same as the actual butterscotch.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving