Medifast Recipes > Appetizers > Medifast Chicken Salad Recipe
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (7.0 oz)
- Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (1.0 tbsp)
- Mixed Salad Greens (1.0 cup bag)
- Olive Oil (1.0 tsp)
- Yellow Pepper (0.5 cup)
- Diced Tomato (0.5 cup)
This is a refreshing healthy chicken salad recipe with that crunchy fresh greens and tomatoes! With this salad every bite will surely be a delight!
- Put the chicken breast into a bowl. Pour the vinaigrette dressing. Turn the chicken breast into the vinaigrette until it is evenly coated.
- Setup your grill. Lightly coat the peppers with oil and grill them with the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once the peppers are lightly brown and the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, carefully flip the other side using tongs and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes. While the peppers and chicken cook; wash the salad greens and tomatoes with cold water to preserve the crunchiness of the greens and transfer them in a mixing bowl.
- When the peppers are cooked, you can choose to peel off the skin or not, cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Coarsely chop the chicken in cubes and dice the peppers or cut in strips.
- Throw them in the mixing bowl with the green salads and tomatoes. Give it a little toss using your fingertips and be gentle; you don’t wanna crush the salad greens.
You can serve it with a crusty bread on the side or a glass of wine and enjoy!
- Here are some of our recommended tips and tricks:
When making chicken salad, always use fresh ingredients only. You can also add fruits such as apples, peaches, orange, pineapples, grapes, raisins or roasted nuts and almonds in your chicken salad too! Not only it will add color to your salad but fruits contains anti-oxidants that is good for the body!
- Always remember that great salad comes with fresh ingredients. You can remove the pepper seeds and the stem either before or after the grilling process, whichever is easier for you.
- Always lightly coat them with a little bit of oil before grilling. Bell peppers are not spicy, they are actually known as sweet peppers.
They only take a maximum of 5 minutes to cook, until they produce a nice char. The skin can be peeled of easily by letting it sit under a plastic wrap for a maximum of 20 minutes and then peel them.
- • Adding romaine, arugula or spinach will give your salad an extra nutrition value because these dark green vegetables are rich in vitamin A, B, and great source of folate. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene that helps prevent cancel cell formation. By taking tomatoes in a regular basis, it can help dissolve gallstones. Aside from washing green salads in cold water to keep it's crunchiness, place them into a cold serving place that's been chilled for a couple if minutes.
Green salads should be dried so that the water won't mix into the vinegarrete. Dry leaves using a salad spinner or a towel. Cut the salads into bite size pieces so that it can be swallowed easily. Apply the dressing just before serving.
So what are you waiting for? Make this salad now and start living healthy!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving