Medifast Recipes > Main dishes > Medifast Egg White Omelet Recipe
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (3.0 tbsp)
- Onions - Raw (3.0 cup of chopped)
- Salt (3.0 dash)
- Spinach - Raw (3.0 cup)
- Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes (1.5 cup)
- Ground Black Pepper (0.75 tsp)
- Egg White (36.0 egg whites)
- Water (6.0 tbsp)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray (1.0 second spray)
There are many variations that are being done when it comes to cooking an omelet. Some prefer to add different spices, and meat, but if you are someone who opts to make a healthy and tasty omelet then this recipe with vegetables is right for you.
- Get a small skillet and put over medium heat and when it’s slightly heated add 4 teaspoons of virgin olive oil or any healthy cooking oil that you prefer. When the oil is heated slowly add the finely chopped onions and then add a pinch of salt.
- Stir onions and salt and cook for at least 3 minutes to 5 minutes or until onions are softened. Make sure to check the onions to avoid overcooking them.
- After cooking the onions stir in the chopped spinach and continue to cook for few minutes or until the spinach turned to look cooked and hot. Stir occasionally the mixture of spinach and onions.
- When the spinach is heated, add the following ingredients – tomatoes, pepper, a pinch of salt, and continue to cook for a minute or two while stirring frequently. Stir well to combine well the ingredients in the skillet.
- After 1 minute check if all of the added ingredients in the skillet are cooked enough and then turn off the heat and cover the skillet to keep it warm.
- Now get a medium sized bowl and add egg whites, salt, and water. Use a fork or any tool that you can use to whish until the consistency of the mixture becomes foamy or frothy.
- Next get a medium sized skillet or pan that you can use in cooking the omelet. Spray the pan or skillet with cooking spray and then heat it over medium heat.
- Slowly add one-fourth of the egg whites into the skillet or pan and swirl to make sure that the bottom of the pan is completely covered.
- Cook the eggs for one and a half or two minutes or until the egg whites are completely set and starting to look like an omelet. Use a rubber scraper or wooden one to flip the eggs to make sure that both sides are both cooked evenly.
- After 2 minutes of cooking get one-fourth of the spinach mixture and sprinkle on the half of omelet and then fold the other side. When done, transfer the omelet onto a plate.
- Repeat the last 3 steps before this one in cooking the remaining egg whites and adding the spinach mixture. When done, transfer in a serving plate and serve it with your favorite side dish.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving