Medifast Recipes > Soups and drinks > Medifast Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Cocoa Powder Mix (1.0 serving (3 heaping tsp or 1 envelope))
- Caramel Sugar Free Syrup (2.0 tbsp)
- Water (1.0 cup (8 fl oz))
Thick, creamy hot cocoa is easy to make and very comforting; perfect for rainy days or winter too!
- Sift all the ingredients together. Sifting is important as cocoa powder nearly always has lumps in it.
- Using a Bottle Blender, add the packet of cocoa, hot water and Da Vinci sugar-free syrup. Shake the bottle until everything is well mixed. When well mixed, transfer to a mug.
Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- If a Bottle Blender is not available, you can use a small pot and allow the mixture to a rapid simmer. Using a small pot, add the hot water, Da Vinci sugar-free syrup in toasted marshmallow flavor and cocoa packet. Bring it to a rapid simmer, stir to mix everything. When mixed well, transfer to a heat proof mug. This may also be topped with whipped cream before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- Hot cocoa alternative serving tips: Want to take your hot cocoa up a notch? Adults will mostly enjoy this concoction when liquor is added lo and behold a blended cocktail is created! You can add ice cream, coffee, hazelnut, mint, chocolate liqueurs that soothe your palette. If this is made into a cocktail, be sure to drink it in moderation.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving