Medifast Recipes > Main dishes > Medifast Lemon-ginger Crock Pot Chicken Recipe
- Water (4.0 cup (8 fl oz))
- Chicken Bouillon (4.0 tbsp)
- Ginger (4.0 tbsp)
- Lemon Juice (4.0 tbsp)
- Time Savor Gourmet Garlic Gusto (1-2 tbsp seasoning)
- Tricolore Peppercorns (4.0 tsp)
- Sea Salt (4.0 dash)
- Chicken Breast (3-4 lbs)
This is a Lemon-Ginger Crock Pot Chicken recipe that you can cook for your breakfast, for your lunch, or for your dinner. Get your slow cooker or crock pot to prepare this tasty meal.
- First, prepare the main ingredient for this recipe, the chicken. By using a sharp knife, cut all the excess fat from the chicken. (Tip: You can use Chicken breast-bone in, whole, or split for this recipe.)
- Next, get a Crock Pot or any other slow cooker and put the chicken in the center of the pot.
Fact: Most of the families nowadays owned a crock pot or a slow cooker. It is known to be one of the most useful and must-have appliances in the kitchen for the family. The slow cooker also gained much popularity because it provides a lot of benefits. One of the benefits is that it can help us prepare a variety of delicious and nutritious food.
- Then get a bowl. Add the following ingredients into the bowl: ½ cup of hot water, 1 tablespoon of chicken bouillon, 1 tablespoon of grated ginger, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoon of Time Savor Gourmet Garlic Gusto seasoning, salt, and tricolore peppercorns. Mix well all the mentioned ingredients into the bowl.
- When you mixture is ready, put it over the chicken. Cover the pot and cook on low for 8 hours. Wait for your chicken to be cooked.
Tip: To avoid overcooking the chicken, you must do this arrangement - put the vegetables into the bottom of the crock pot, and make sure that the chicken is on top.
- When you’re done cooking you’re the chicken, remove it from the crock pot. Make sure to drain the excess oil in the bottom of the cooker, and then pour into a skillet over medium to high heat.
- You can also add a little flour for thickening to reduce the liquid to half. When done, get your cooked chicken and put it on a plate. Pour the sauce over chicken and serve.
- Crock Pot Cooking Tip: Most meats require 8 hours or more of cooking on low. You can purchase and use cheaper cuts of meat to save money and because these meats work better in the slow cooker. Cheaper cuts of meat have less fat which makes them more suited to crockpot cooking. To have very tender meats, you must have moist and long cooking times.
- Fact about Ginger: We can get a lot of health benefits from Ginger. Some of its benefits are the following: migraine relief, prevention and treatment for cold and flu, morning sickness treatment, colon cancer prevention, and menstrual cramp relief.
- Tip: If you do not want to switch on your oven especially if it is a very hot summer day, you can use slow cooker or crock pot that does not heat up your kitchen and you don’t need to suffer cooking when the weather is hot. You can prepare your meal early in the morning when it is still cooler and slow cooker will do the rest of the cooking.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving