Medifast Recipes > Soups and drinks > Medifast Pina Colada Shake Recipe
- French Vanilla Shake (Medifast) (2.0 pkg (package))
- Cold Water (1.0 cup)
- Ice Cubes (1.0 cup)
- Diet Ginger Ale (2.0 cup)
- Pineapple Extract (0.5 tsp)
- Coconut Extract (0.25 tsp)
- Rum Extract (0.25 tsp)
- Baking Powder (0.5 tsp)
A smooth and refreshing Pina Colada shake that's oh-so-easy to make.
- In a blender, add 1 Medifast Vanilla Shake, ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons of water, 3 to 4 or more ice cubes, 1/2 cup diet ginger ale, 1/4 teaspoon of pineapple extract, 1/8 teaspoon of coconut extract, and 1/8 teaspoon of rum extract.
- Blend all the ingredients together. Pulse until ice is crushed and it results to a smooth Pina Colada Shake.
- When done, pour it on a glass and serve.
- Ingredients Tips:
If you don’t have Medifast Vanilla Shake you can replace it with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Ripe sweet fresh organic pineapple chunks can be a good alternative to pineapple extract.
2 cups of home-made coconut milk or any coconut milk can be substitute to coconut extract.
- Pina Colada Facts:
The traditional Pina Colada recipe is just a combination of coconut cream, white rum, and pineapple juice that is blended or strained over ice. Then maraschino cherries or a pineapple wedge are the classic garnishes.
The Pina Colada drink is originated in Puerto Rico. Pina Colada means strained pineapple. In Spanish the term pina means pineapple and colada means strained. It is a sweet, rum based cocktail made with coconut cream, pineapple juice, and rum which are usually served blended or shaken with ice. It has been the official beverage of Puerto Rico since 1978.
The creator of the pina colada which is a bartender is Mr. Ramon Marrero. It is widely known that he created the drink using Don Q rum (Puerto Rican rum). It is said that while he’s working as the head bartender at the Caribe Hilton International Hotel in Puerto Rico he created and solve the first pina colada on August 15, 1954.
These are some of the benefits you can get from eating fresh fruit of Pineapple or eating the frozen or canned versions, and even from eating the pineapple juice:
1) It is packed with vitamins and minerals such as calcium, potassium, fiber, and Vitamin C. It is also low in cholesterol and low in fat.
2) It is good for coughs and colds because of the benefits it provides to treat it. Bromelain is a substance that can be found in pineapples that helps defeat coughs and loosens mucus.
3) The fruit is rich in manganese, a mineral that is required to connective tissues and strengthen bones; therefore Pineapple helps in healthy bone development.
4) Pineapple also helps fight Joint Pain. Because of the anti-inflammatory properties drinking a glass of pineapple juice a day can ease the oncoming signs of arthritis.
Other great health benefits from pineapple consumption are the following: reduce the risk of hypertension, helps in losing weight, it helps protect the eyes from any age-related eye problems and maintains good health for the eyes because it is rich in antioxidants, heals irregular bowel movement and constipation because it is known that the fruit is rich in fiber, keeps your skin beautiful and it prevents plaque formation and preserves good health for the teeth because of the high amount of vitamin C.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving