Medifast Recipes > Main dishes > Medifast Pot Roast Recipe
- Coarse Kosher Salt (0.75 tsp)
- Ground Black Pepper (0.75 tsp)
- Garlic Powder (0.5 tsp)
- Rosemary (0.5 tsp)
- Olive Oil (1.0 tsp)
- Beef Broth or Bouillon (Canned) (1.0 cup)
- Coke Zero (6.0 oz)
- Tomato Paste (0.6 tbsp)
- Boneless Beef Chuck Roast (40.0 oz)
Try this pot roast with a twist of cola and make a tender juicy Cola-Braised Pot Roast that will surely be a hit!
- To make the seasoning for our roast, mix the salt, pepper, galic powder, and rosemary. You can rub the rosemary between you hands, the warm of your hands will help release it's flavor and aroma.
- Season each sides of the roast with the mixed ingredients. Drizzle an olive oil into the roasting pan set over medium-high heat but not smoking.
- When the oil starts forming small bubbles, slide the roast and brown the roast on each sides for 10 to 12 minutes to improve the flavor and appearance of the meat. Transfer the roast in a plate and set aside.
- Use a wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits left in the pan and pour the beef stock and cola to the pan.The browned bits will add flavor into the roast.
- When it boils, add-in the tomato paste and give it a good stir so that the flavors will blend together. Put the roast back into the pan, make sure that the liquid is just about 1/2 way up the sides of the roast.
- Put the lid to cover the pan. Place it in the the preheated oven (325 degress F).
- Use tongs to flip the other side of the roast. Do this every hour. This will take about 3 hours or so until the meat becomes juicy and tender.
- Keep the liquid level at about 1/3 up the sides of the roast by adding water. Use a fork to check if the meat is tender.
- Now that the roast is perfectly cooked, turn off the oven use oven gloves to remove it in the oven. Transfer the roast into a nice serving platter.
- Cut a piece of aluminum oil, enough to cover the roast to keep it warm. Skim fat that's left in the pan and it's ready to serve.
- Tips: Choose the perfect cut of meat for pot roast. These are just some of the choices commonly used for pot roast: chuck, brisket, top round, bottom round and rump.
- Eash sides of the roast should be seasoned well with salt, pepper, and herbs. Moist heat helps to tenderize the meat fibers when cooking.
- Aside from coca-cola, like the one we've used in this recipe, you can also use beef broth or tomato juice for the cooking liquid. Add some steamed vegetables on the side to complete your pot roast.
Be patient when roasting, as it involves slow cooking, but for that melts in your mouth roasts, it will surely be worth it.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving