Medifast Recipes > Appetizers > Medifast Salmon And Vegetables Recipe
- Salmon (4.0 pound)
- Soy Sauce (400.0 g)
- Ginger (4.0 tsp)
- Wasabi Paste (1-2 tsp)
- Onion (Small) (2.0 cup sliced)
- Green Bell Peper (4.0 piece, sliced)
- Zuccini (Medium) (4.0 piece, sliced)
- Celery - Raw (4.0 cup sliced)
- Water Chesnuts (4.0 (3 oz can))
- Time Savor Gourmet Garlic Gusto (1-2 tbsp seasoning)
- Chinese 5 spice Powder (1.0 tsp)
- Black Pepper (4.0 teaspoon)
- Sea Salt (4.0 dash)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray (1.33333333333333 second spray)
One of the different ways to cook your Salmon is to bake it and serve with healthy vegetables. To teach you how to do it, follow the steps included in this recipe.
- Prepare your oven and preheat it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of grated ginger, and 1 to 2 teaspoon of wasabi paste or powder in a large mixing bowl. When the ingredients are well-combined, set it aside.
- Use a 9 x 12 baking dish for this step. Put the one pound Salmon into the baking dish.
Get the marinade you made in step 2 (mixture of soy sauce, grated ginger, and wasabi paste/powder). Drizzle the fish with the marinade. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, separate the marinade from the fish by draining. Put the baking dish into the oven and bake your fish for 10 to 12 minutes. You can stop baking it when the fish is flaky and tender. (Make sure not to over bake.)
- While waiting for your fish to be completely baked, you can now start preparing your stir fry veggies.
Use a nonstick spray and apply it on a large frying pan. Heat the pan in medium or high heat.
- Get your sliced onions and put into the pan. Sautee the onions for few minutes or until translucent.
Then, put the other ingredients into the pan. Add the thinly sliced green bell pepper, zucchini (trimmer and thinly sliced), and 1 cup of thinly sliced celery, 1 teaspoon of Time Savor Gourmet Garlic Gusto Seasoning, ¼ teaspoon of Chinese 5 spice powder, salt, and pepper.
Cook for 5 minutes. Stir while cooking until it results to cooked and crisp-tender state. When done, put it to a plate or small bowl and set it aside.
Now, get your baked fish out from the oven. If your fish is whole you can cut it into pieces before serving. If you used fish in pieces, then you can place it on a large plate and add your cooked veggies.
Garnish it with salt and pepper, and then serve your Salmon with Vegetables.
- Facts on Salmon:
Strengthening your muscles and heart to reduce the risk of developing some diseases are just some of the health benefits that you can get from eating Salmon. Studies shows that to be healthier and to live longer, the intake of the fatty acid rich salmon can help you achieve it. There are a lot of other health benefits that you could not ignore from Salmon consumption. It is power packed with disease fighting acids, minerals, and vitamins. Salmon is a powerful addition to your healthy lifestyle no matter if you eat it raw, broil it, grill it, or bake it.
- Benefits of Stir Fry:
You may think that the word “fry” in stir fry is a very bad for you because it sounds evil and fattening. But in reality, if fried food is done properly, the cooking method “stir fry” actually helps “seal” the food from absorbing a lot of fat. Three benefits that you can get out of stir frying your food: 1) Cheap, 2) Easy to do, 3) Good for you.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving