Medifast Recipes > Appetizers > Medifast Seafood Salad Recipe
- Garlic (6.0 cloves)
- Parsley (6.0 stalks)
- Lemons (6.0 lemons)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (9.0 tbsp)
- Shell Mussels (6.0 lb/1 kg)
- Shrimps (1.5 - 1 lb (500 g) medium shell shrimps)
- Octopuses (6.0 lb/1 kg)
Aside from preparing vegetable or fruit salad that you can eat while you’re on a weight loss program, you can also check this healthy Seafood Salad recipe.
- Begin by preparing your main seafood ingredients namely mussels, octopuses, and shrimps.
For the mussels if they have opened shells, you can just remove the flesh from shells. But if you have fresh mussels, wash them using clean water. Then put them in a pot and add water on it.
- Boil the pot over medium or high heat until you’re the shells of your mussels starts to open. When done, transfer them in a bowl and set it aside.
Then wash your octopuses and gently scape off any slime.
- Get your mussels and octopuses and put them in a pot. Add water on it. Boil it over medium or high heat for 10 minutes.
Make sure not to overcook the octopus. To check if your octopuses are well cooked, grab a fork and put it on the octopuses. It should easily pierce the arms of your octopuses.
- When the mussels and octopus are well cooked, remove them from the pot and put in a bowl or plate. Set aside.
Now, get your shrimp and wash them with clean water. Then put them in the pot with water used in boiling your octopuses and mussels.
- Cook your shrimp in the pot until it boils. When done, using a strainer, drain the water and put the shrimp in a small bowl or plate. Take out the shells and heads of the shrimps.
Grab a large plate and put lettuce on it. You can chop your octopuses or put it as a whole. Then mix the mussels and shrimps together and put it on the plate with the octopuses. Serve it with pinzimonio dipping sauce.
- To make the pinzimonio dipping sauce, in a food processor mix the following ingredients: 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, ground garlic, and chopped parsley. Blend well together. Then serve it with your Seafood Salad.
- Facts on Mussels:
Studies show that people who eat mussels have lower risks of suffering from arthritis. These foods are also used for treating some joint problems. Mussels are also great source of iodine, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12, and selenium.
- Facts on Octopuses:
Octopuses are loaded with essential minerals that can help our body perform well in different vital functions. It contains vitamin A which is very useful in keeping healthy vision, vitamin C which is important to boost the immune system, and vitamin B. If you regularly consume octopus, it can help in reducing the risk of some types of cancers such as lung, pancreas, prostate, rectum, colon, breast, stomach, and mouth cancer.
- Facts on Shrimps:
One can get loads of benefits from Shrimp consumption. Some of its benefits to our health are the following: It helps in maintaining good health of thyroid, nails, skin, and hair. It helps fight cancer and depression. It helps process fats. They are also known to be delicious and healthy seafood because they are low in saturated fat and calories.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving