Medifast Recipes > Main dishes > Medifast Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Ground Turkey (14.0 oz raw)
- Olive Oil (2.0 tsp)
- Mushrooms - Raw (0.5 cup of pieces or slices)
- Shallots (1.0 tbsp of chopped)
- Garlic (1.0 clove)
- Tomatoes - Raw (0.5 cup chopped or sliced)
- Worcestershire Sauce (0.33 tbsp)
- Italian Seasoning (1.0 tsp)
- Low Fat Cheddar Cheese (2.0 oz)
Don’t these stuffed peppers look delicious? Not only do they look good but they taste good as well. This is definitely one of my favorite Lean and Green Medifast meals.
- Measure and prepare the ingredients as indicated in the recipe above. Do not proceed unless you have everything ready.
- Take the ground turkey and clean it thoroughly. Buy turkey breast and have it ground so you get a very lean meat.
- You can also use ground chicken breast instead of turkey.
- Take your large green peppers, the stars of the dish, wash them and split them in half lengthwise. Wash them thoroughly over running water. Remove all of the seeds and most of the white membrane.
- Finely chop the mushroom and mince the shallots and garlic. As for the tomatoes, dice these into small cubes.
- For this recipe, we will be using the oven. Prepare your oven and preheat it to 350 degrees F. You will also need to prepare a baking dish that’s large enough to take in the peppers.
- First step is to take your cleaned pepper halves and steam them for 3 to 5 minutes. You may also blanch these in hot water for about the same time if you prefer cooking them that way.
- When done, take them out of the steamer and set aside.
- Now take your sauté pan and set it over medium heat. Pour the olive oil and let the oil heat up for about a minute.
- Saute the shallots and garlic next.
- Once the spices have released their flavors, add the mushrooms. Leave for a couple of minutes to cook the mushrooms.
- Next add the ground turkey, the Italian seasoning, and the Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir the mixture until the meat is browned and cooked through.
- Lastly add the diced tomatoes and stir for about a minute to blend the flavors.
- Take out your baking dish, spray with non stick cooking spray, and lay out your pepper halves in it with the openings facing upwards.
- Fill each pepper with the cooked meat filling. Try to put the same amount of filling in each pepper.
- Sprinkle the tops with low fat cheddar cheese.
- Bake this in the oven for 25 minutes or until the cheese is a little browned and melted.
- Serve and enjoy while hot.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving