Medifast Recipes > Main dishes > Medifast Tilapia And Mixed Peppers Recipe
- Time Savor Gourmet Southwestern Seasoning (8.0 tbsp)
- Fresh Cilantro (12.0 tbsp)
- Sea Salt (4.0 dash)
- Tricolore Peppercorns (4.0 tsp)
- Time Savor Gourmet Roasted Garlic Oil (4.0 to 2 tbsp)
- Onions (4.0 medium thinly sliced)
- Red Bell Pepper (4.0 medium pepper)
- Green Bell Pepper (4.0 medium pepper)
- Yellow Bell Pepper (4.0 medium)
- Tilapia Fillets (16.0 pieces or 1 1/2 lbs)
Tired of having your Tilapia cooked by frying? Then why not try to make this tasty and healthy Tilapia and Mixed Peppers recipe.
- To cook your tilapia fillets, start by preparing your oven. Preheat it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then use a non-stick cooking spray, put some on the 9 x 12 baking dish by spraying.
- Get your fish and put in a single layer dish. Spray it with the non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the following to your fish: 2 tablespoons of Time savor Gourmet Southwestern Seasoning, 3 tablespoons of cilantro, salt, and pepper. Put the baking dish into the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Make sure not to over bake your fish. Take it out from the oven when your fish turns opaque and flaky. Set it aside.
- Then start preparing for your mixed pepper medley that will perfectly match your baked fish fillets.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of Time Savor Gourmet Roasted Garlic Oil into the pan, and heat it until sizzling.
Next, add the thinly sliced onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until the color changes to medium brown.
- Put the cored and thinly sliced red, green, and yellow or orange bell peppers. Add salt and Tricolore Peppercorns. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
When done, put down the heat and transfer your mixed peppers into a small plate or small bowl. Serve it with your baked fish fillets. This serving is good for 3-4 persons.
- Facts on Tilapia:
Two of the healthiest ways to cook tilapia is by baking and grilling. It is known to be the fish that contains a very important health benefit, which is its low calorie count. This is great for those that want to lose a few pounds. If you’re planning to make a low-calorie and fat burning meal, you can grill or bake tilapia and pair it with a variety of vegetables.
It is also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which can help in maintaining a healthy blood pressure and prevent the risk of any heart disease. Tilapia is also packed with protein (it has plenty of potassium). This helps us prevent from having muscle cramps. The other nutrients such as vitamin B12 which helps to keep us psychologically alert, niacin which is essential to preserve our body operational at the best level, and selenium that aids in avoiding the possibility of having heart disease and cancer.
- Facts on Bell Peppers:
Bell Peppers are known to be loaded with numerous nutrients such as Vitamin C, vitamin B6, thiamine, folic acid, and carotene. They also contain a large amount of phytochemicals that have excellent antioxidant activity.
Studies have shown that among the different bell peppers, red bell peppers are more nutritious (with high level of nutrients) compared to green bell peppers. Red bell peppers contains a carotene that helps fight against heart and cancer disease. This carotene is also known as lycopene. Bell peppers have been also shown to help in protecting our eyes against cataracts.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving