Nutrisystem Recipes > Main dishes > Nutrisystem Baked Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Breast (1.0 patty)
- Bread Crumbs (30.0 g)
- Dry Grated Parmesan Cheese (2.0 tbsp)
- Thyme (1.0 tsp)
- Basil (Dried) (1.0 tbsp ground)
- Egg Beaters - Original (0.5 cup)
A diet friendly comfort food that even your kids will love! Just like how chicken nuggets should be, these are crunchy and golden brown on the outside while remaining soft and juicy inside. It’s a dish you’ll be making over and over again for sure.
- Prepare and measure all ingredients as indicated in the recipe above.
- For this dish, we will need to use the oven. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and prepare an oven proof baking dish that’s big enough to accommodate our chicken nuggets.
- Take out your Nutrisystem Grilled Chicken Breast from the pack and cut them into the size of chicken nuggets. You can choose to prepare them as long as chicken fingers or you can go traditional and cut them into small rectangular shapes.
- Alternatively you may use any boneless and skinless grilled chicken breast if you’re not using the Nutrisystem pack. Just make sure it is compliant with the diet that you are following.
- In a bowl, pour the Egg Beaters.
- Egg Beaters is a chicken egg substitute that is deemed to be healthier than chicken eggs. This don’t contain egg yolk which is a high source of cholesterol. Egg Beaters is primarily egg whites with a few flavourings.
- In another bowl, combine the Italian seasoned bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, dried thyme, and basil. This mixture will be used as your chicken nugget’s breading.
- If you don’t have Italian seasoned bread crumbs, you can simply use plain bread crumbs. For added flavor, just add a teaspoon of Italian seasoning if you have them. You can get one from McCormick.
- Take your nugget-sized chicken breasts and dip them in the Egg Beater mixture. Make sure to coat the entire surface of the nugget.
- Scoop them out and then transfer them to your breading mixture. Roll your chicken nuggets in the mixture making sure that the entire surface of the chicken nugget is coated with the breading mixture.
- Transfer your chicken nuggets into a baking tray, a baking dish, or a cookie sheet. Do not cramp your chicken nuggets, leave ample space in between for heat to circulate through your chicken pieces.
- Bake these in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. You will know they are ready when both sides have turned golden brown. You may have to turn the chicken halfway. Watch out that your chicken nuggets don’t burn as well. Keep them nicely golden brown.
- Take them out of the oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- Enjoy while the nuggets are still warm.
- Bon appétit!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving