Nutrisystem Recipes > Desserts > Nutrisystem Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Sugar (1.0 cup)
- Large Eggs (2.0 egg)
- Lemon Peel (1.0 tsp)
- Baking Soda (0.5 tsp)
- Salt (1.0 dash)
- Plain Yogurt (1.5 cup)
- Blueberries (1.5 cup)
- Unsalted Butter (10.0 tbsp)
- All Purpose Flour (3.0 cup)
- Baking Powder (3.0 tsp)
Easy recipe on how to make a moist, light, and flavorful muffin.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Adjust the oven rack to the middle-lower part of the oven for even heat distribution. This works fine for most cooking and baking situations.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, whisk it and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar; beat it until it becomes fluffy. Add eggs one at a time add in the grated lemon peel and beat it until the ingredients are incorporated after each one.
- Mix in one half of the dry ingredients until just incorporated. Add in one third of the yogurt. Mix in the other half of the remaining dry ingredients.
Beat in a second third of the yogurt. Beat in the remaining dry ingredients and then the remaining yogurt. Beat just until incorporated. Be careful not to over beat. Fold berries into the batter.
Planning to use frozen berries for this recipe? We recommend you defrost them, and drain any extra water in the berries. Afterwards, coat the berries with a light sprinkle of flour.
Yogurt, as you probably know, is good for our bodies plus it has the ability to make muffins tender and moist with an almost bread-like texture.
- Using a regular size 12 muffin tins. Line muffin tins with paper cups. Coat each muffin cup lightly using pastry brush with olive oil or grape seed oil or with a little butter.
If you do not have a pastry brush you can use one of those convenient vegetable oil sprays. Fill in the muffin cups evenly up to ½ inch from the top using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Place the muffin in the oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
Test the muffin using a long toothpick or a bamboo skewer inserted in the center of a muffin to make sure that the centers of the muffins are done. If it comes out clean, set on wire rack and allow the muffin to cool for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, remove muffins from the tin and serve slightly warm.
- You can serve it with streusel on top, by combining flour, butter, and light brown sugar and mix until it resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle top of each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of streusel, or you may also put a double cream on top of it. Then viola! Enjoy!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving