Nutrisystem Recipes > Main dishes > Nutrisystem Chicken And Vegetable Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Pasta Parmesan (1.0 package)
- Zucchini - Raw (1.0 cup of chopped)
- Onions - Raw (0.5 small)
- Button Mushrooms (0.125 cup)
- Broccoli - Raw (0.5 cup chopped)
- Bell Peppers - Raw (1.0 small)
This is a great dish for vegetable and pasta lovers. The extra veggies add more nutrients to your Nutrisystem pasta dinner. Plus the creamy and rich sauce combined with the flavors of Parmesan gives this dish an authentic Italian taste.
- Prepare and measure all ingredients as indicated in the recipe above.
- Slice your zucchini in half crosswise and then thinly slice them lengthwise.
- Mince the onions.
- Slice your button mushrooms lengthwise as well. Or if you like them bigger and chunkier, you can just slice them in half.
- Take your broccoli and remove the hard parts of the stem. Just use the upper portion with the flower.
- Slice your red bell pepper into strips.
- Take out your medium frying pan and lightly coat this with oil. You may use a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. Swirl the oil to coat the entire surface of the frying pan. Remove excess oil by wiping it with a kitchen towel.
- Alternatively, you may use a cooking spray to lightly coat the pan or simply use a non-stick frying pan.
- Saute the onions and for about a minute. Allow the onions to sweat and release its flavors.
- If you like garlic, adding minced garlic from 2 cloves of garlic will add another layer of flavor to your dish. Add the garlic, if using, at this point as well.
- Add the broccoli and button mushrooms at this point. Saute for 5 to 6 minutes. The idea is to sauté the bigger and chunkier pieces first because they take longer to cook.
- Lastly, add the thinly sliced zucchini and red bell peppers. Saute until they become soft. This shouldn’t take long. It will probably take just about a minute or two.
- Season your vegetables with a little salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take your Nutrisystem Chicken Pasta Parmesan pack. Heat the contents in a microwave or over the stove top. Just follow the instructions at the back of the package.
- If using a microwave, peel one corner of the tray to allow steam to vent out then set the microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the package is hot or when you see steam coming out from the vent you created.
- Over the stove top, you can reheat the Chicken Pasta Parmesan by submerging an unopened pack in simmering hot water for about 5 minutes.
- After reheating, carefully open the pack and pour it in a serving plate.
- Top the Chicken Pasta Parmesan with your sautéed vegetables. Mix a little to incorporate the pasta sauce with the vegetables as well.
- Serve and enjoy!
The dish is best enjoyed while it is still warm.
Alternatively, you may steam all vegetables instead of frying them if you prefer them that way.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving