Nutrisystem Recipes > Main dishes > Nutrisystem Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Breast (1.0 patty)
- Tomato Sauce (0.5 cup)
- Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs (0.125 cup)
- Egg Beaters - Original (0.125 cup)
- Nonfat or Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese (28.0 g)
- Dry Grated Parmesan Cheese (1.0 tbsp)
A saucy and tasty Italian-inspired dish that’s perfect eaten as is or over pasta. Using the Nutrisystem Grilled Chicken Breast reduces the calories without varying the taste. This traditional recipe is a sure winner.
- Prepare and measure the ingredients as indicated in the recipe above. For this recipe, we will be using the oven. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare an oven proof container for baking our dish.
- Open and take out your Nutrisystem Grilled Chicken Breast patty and cut it into half. You know have 2 chicken breast halves.
- Place the Egg beaters and whole wheat bread crumbs in separate bowls.
- Dip each chicken breast patty in the Egg beaters making sure that the patty is coated all throughout.
- Next dip the chicken breast patties in the bowl with the whole wheat bread crumbs. Turn the patties to make sure that all sides of the chicken are coated evenly with the bread crumbs. Set the patties aside.
- Take out your medium frying pan and lightly coat this with oil. You may use a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. Swirl the oil to coat the entire surface of the frying pan. Remove excess oil by wiping it with a kitchen towel.
- Alternatively, you may use a cooking spray to lightly coat the pan or simply use a non-stick frying pan.
- Saute your chicken breast patties until golden brown in color. This will take around 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Once browned enough, take the pan away from heat.
- Take out your oven proof container or baking dish and spread a small amount of tomato sauce at the bottom of the dish.
- Place your chicken breast patties on top of the sauce. Cover the top of the patties with the mozzarella cheese.
- Pour the rest of the sauce on top of the mozzarella.
- Lastly, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of the dish.
- Bake this in the oven for 15-20 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when your sauce starts to bubble and all the cheese has melted.
- Take your dish out of the oven and serve immediately. You may eat this as is or you can serve it with pasta.
- To add freshness and spice up your dish, you may add half a cup of diced fresh tomatoes and a few sprigs of basil leaves to the sauce.
- The fresh tomatoes and basil leaves will liven up your sauce. Furthermore, fresh tomatoes are a natural source of MSG which brings out the “umami” flavor in a good dish.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving