Nutrisystem Recipes > Main dishes > Nutrisystem Turkey Burger Recipe
- Olive Oil (2.0 tbsp)
- Red Onions (0.5 medium)
- Garlic (4.0 clove)
- Coarse Kosher Salt (1.0 tsp)
- Black Pepper (8.0 dash)
- Parsley (0.5 cup)
- Rosemary (1.0 tbsp)
- Sage (Ground) (1.0 tbsp)
- Thyme (2.0 tsp)
- Turkey Meat (2.0 lb)
This is a simple, delicious, and healthy turkey burger recipe that packs loads of health benefits from the turkey meat!
- First, prepare all the ingredients, mince the garlic, onions, fresh rosemary and sage. Chop the fresh thyme and ground the turkey meat, preferably from the legs and thighs.
- Set your stove in medium heat. Coat a sauté pan with olive oil and add the chopped onions, cook for 3 minutes. Once the onions become soft and aromatic, mix the garlic into the pan.
Sauté the garlic for about 2 minutes or so until the color turns to brown, then turn off the heat. In a large mixing bowl, transfer the onions, garlic, and oil and leave it to cool down.
- Add-in the ground turkey, salt, pepper, and herbs into the large mixing bowl combined with the cooked onions and garlic. If you want the burgers to stay nice and moist, keep in mind that when you are mixing the herbs with the meat use your hands and gently squish everything together until everything becomes well incorporated.
Always remember that overworking the meat produces burgers that are tough to eat, thus looses its moist when cooked.
- Use your fingers to form the meat into patties. When you are making the patty, wet your hands so that the meat won't stick in your hands.
We suggest you make the middle part slightly thinner, this will prevent the meat from spreading from the edges of the burger when the burger patties cook. This technique will give an even patty-shaped burger at the end.
- If you are using a grill, coat the grill grates with vegetable oil using a brush. If you are using a frying pan coat the pan with little olive oil to prevent the patties from sticking.
Cook each side for about 5-6 minutes. To avoid the patties from falling apart when flipping it, use two wooden spatula to support it.
You can use a meat thermometer to check the heat; it should be 165°F. For those who love cheese on their burgers, place a cheese on top while the patties cook and cover it with an aluminum basting, enough to fit over the patties for 1 minute. The aluminum basting cover helps to hold the heat to melt the cheese. When using a grill, close the cover or cut an aluminum foil into square shape, enough to fit the burger patties and place it on top.
- Serve the patties with buns toasted in a broiler or toaster. Place the patties in the buns and top it with onions, lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, ketchup, etc. depending on your choice!
- What you should know about the benefits of turkey: Turkey makes it a healthy meat choice for its protein content for every 4-oz serving of turkey you can get about 32 grams of protein which will fill enoungh of your protein allowance. Turkey has seleniun content which helps to strengthen the immune system and help the thyroid to function normally.
It also strengthens the body's antioxidant defense system that prevent free radical damage that may lead to cancer. Turkey is also a good source of B vitamins that play important role in cell metabolism.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving