P90X Recipes > Appetizers > P90x Cheese Scramble Recipe
- Egg White (6.0 large)
- Milk (Nonfat) (0.125 cup)
- Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese (0.2 cup shredded)
- Salt (1.0 dash)
- Black Pepper (1.0 dash)
This cheese scramble recipe is a high protein variation to your regular scrambled egg. Without using the egg yolks, we effectively reduce the cholesterol content but still maintain the palatability of the dish by adding low fat mozzarella cheese
- This dish is as easy as scrambled eggs to prepare. Prepare all ingredients as listed in the recipe above.
- Take your eggs and separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. We will only be using the egg whites which are a great source of protein.
- To separate the egg yolks from the egg whites effectively, a great trick is to scoop the egg with your hands and let your grip loosen a bit, just enough for the egg whites to slip through your fingers, leaving the egg yolk in your hands.
- In a mixing bowl, combine six egg whites and two tablespoon non-fat milk. Beat the mixture until the egg whites and the milk are well incorporated.
- Season the mixture with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Don’t try and taste the dish at this point because raw eggs could be contaminated with salmonella. To correct the seasoning, just add more salt and pepper later on once you’ve tasted the dish after it has already been cooked.
- Take your sauté pan out and lightly coat it with cooking spray or cooking oil. Wipe out excess oil with a kitchen towel.
- Pour your egg white and milk mixture to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to continuously stir and mix the mixture.
- Once your egg whites have firmed up a bit but are still a bit runny, sprinkle the low fat mozzarella cheese over the eggs.
- Work quickly stirring to fold the cheese into the eggs and quickly remove the dish from the heat. A good cheese scramble would be soft, fluffy, and a little bit runny.
- Don’t overcook the eggs as they tend to become hard and rubbery. It’s not a very pleasant texture in the mouth.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy while it is still warm.
- This dish is perfect for phase 1 or level 1 of the P90X nutrition plan. In this level, you are required to take in more proteins and less carbohydrates.
- This cheese scramble recipe provides just that. You get a lot of protein from the egg whites, the milk, and the cheese.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving