P90X Recipes > Main dishes > P90x Italian Meatloaf Recipe
- Onions (0.5 cup)
- Fat Free Chicken Broth (2.0 tbsp)
- Garlic (2.0 clove)
- Ground Turkey Breast (24.0 oz)
- Plain Bread Crumbs (0.5 cup)
- Cabernet Marinara Pasta Sauce (0.5 cup)
- Meaty Marinara Sauce (2.0 tbsp)
- Fresh Basil (3.0 teaspoon)
- Italian Parsley (6.0 tsp)
This recipe is a sure family-pleaser feast standby.
- Peel off the skin from an onion. Finely chop the onion and place in a small container. Get the garlic, remove the skin and mince it.
- Pre heat the oven to 350. Get a pan enough to fit in the meat mixture later on. You can also use a meatloaf pan if one is available, so you can also have the meatloaf shape after.
- In the pan over high heat, add in the chicken broth and sauté the onions in it. Once the onions reach a light brown color, you can now add in the garlic and stir. Remove from the heat after five minutes of cooking and set pan aside to allow the onions and garlic to slightly cool.
- Combine the onion mixture with the ground turkey, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup marinara sauce, basil and parsley in a large mixing bowl, making sure not to over knead the mixture or the texture might be lost. Mold the mixture to a loaf like shape and place ungreased pan. Baste it with the tablespoons of marinara sauce before sliding it in the oven.
- Bake meat mixture in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Let meatloaf stand on a rack about 20 minutes or longer after removal from the oven before serving. This helps it set and makes it easier to slice. When cooled, turn over on a plate and cut into 8 slices. You can minimize the cracking by rubbing a little cold water on top.
- Confused with what onion color to use? Red onions tend to be medium to large in size and have a mild to sweet flavor. They are often consumed raw, grilled or lightly cooked with other foods, or added as color to salads. Their lovely redness tends to lose their color when cooked. Yellow onions are tagged as the all-purpose onion; these are the ones we use most often. They have a nice balance of astringency and sweetness. They tend to become sweeter when cooked.
Follow these easy steps to finely dice an onion: Using a sharp knife, cut both ends of the onion. Peel off the skin and first layer of the onion (the slimy part of it will also be removed). Cut the onion in half, place half part of the onion with the flat surface facing the chopping board. Cut even vertical stripes making sure not to cut all the way to its end (not cutting it all the way through to keep it together). Turn the onion 90 degrees and cut across it. Lo and behold, your finely chopped onion!
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving