Dukan Diet Recipes > Appetizers > Dukan Diet Butternut Squash Souffle Recipe
- Butternut Squash - Raw (1.0 cup of cubed)
- Garlic (1.0 clove)
- Potato (halved) (1.0 small)
- Parsnip (chunked) (0.25 cup)
- Onion (sliced) (0.25 cup)
- Carrots (shredded) (0.25 cup)
- Ginger root (chopped) (2.0 tsp)
- Chicken Stock (1.0 cup (8 fl oz))
- Garam Masala (1.0 tsp)
- Olive Oil (1.0 tsp)
Bring something different to your table like this butternut squash soufflé! This not only gives a good amount of vitamin A but also gives delight to everyone’s taste buds.
- Peel the squash, and steam until cooked. Mash the squash consistently in a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven at 190 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish or ramekins and bake in the oven for 190 degrees or until it is set.
- Share and enjoy!
- Tips: When cutting a butternut squash, you should keep squash pieces stable as possible when cutting. Slice the bottom section of the squash to make it steady on the cutting board hence, will make your peeling easier.
Use a heavy sharpened chef’s knife then cut off ¼ inch from the bottom then another on the edge side of the stem.
While holding the squash in another hand, peel the squash using a sharp vegetable peeler starting from top to bottom. Cut the squash equally while standing upright on the cutting board.
To scrape the squash seeds or the pulp, you can use a metal spoon to scoop those outside the squash.
Lay the cut halves squash on the cutting board then cut side down for stability. Cut the squash into slices like ½ inch or 1 inch depending on your preference and work out on the entire squash.
If you’d like to cube the squash, lay the slices down then make another set of lengthwise cuts. Make crosswise cuts now to make cubes.
Always use the sharpest peeler or knife when cutting hard dense vegetable like squash. This will help you to ease your burden on cutting such hard veggies like this.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving