17 Day Diet Recipes > Main dishes > 17 Day Diet Crockpot Spicy Chicken Verde Recipe
- Chicken Breast (boneless skinless) (6.0 oz)
- Green Peppers (1.0 large)
- Red Peppers (1.0 large)
- Orange Peppers (1.0 large)
- Onions (diced) (1.0 cup)
- Hatch Green Chile Salsa Verde (2.0 tbsp)
- Fat-Free Chicken Broth (1.0 cup)
Crock pot meal makes the day less stressful because of its stand-alone process. Have a fun-filled day with this healthy and nutritious meal that you can enjoy with your family!
- Toss the chicken breast into the crockpot.
- Chop the green, red, and orange peppers and onion into large chunks.
- Add the vegetables to the crockpot and combine with green salsa verde.
- Add the chicken broth to the mixture and cook in low heat for 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken and add another hour to cook.
- Share and enjoy!
- Tips: When you know the size of your crockpot, it is easy to pick now the right size of meat that will fit in the pot. You can trim down the meat just in case you miscalculated.
Make sure to remove any poultry skin before you put them in the crockpot. Trim down the excess fats from the meat before cooking.
If you’ll add raw root vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and onions, put them on the bottom of the pot under the meat. Vegetables tend to cook slower than meat when place in a crockpot.
If you want to thicken your sauces at the end of the cooking time, turn the heat to high to speed up the process. This will help on thickening the sauce of your dish.
When the crockpot recipe is about to cooked, taste the liquid first to be sure you have your desired flavor. If it lacks flavor, add spices and keep it uncovered.
Colors of the ingredients tends to vanish because of slow cooking but you can alter it by adding some garnish like parsley, chives, tomatoes, red peppers, and others to make visual appeal.
Pin and Save this Recipe when you're ready!
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving