Skip to Navigation
Skip to Content
Level Up Your Body
View This Month's Specials for Medifast:
Create Own Challenge
Find A Group
Building Medifast cauliflower pizza, tips?
385 days ago
Ok guys, I've searched the threads and I'm so confused it isn't funny..
All I want is a pepperoni "pizza".
Can you build it for me?.
Just one serving. I don't want to make several and freeze them, I just want one to try..
I've seen recipes but it's either for a huge batch, or full of stuff I am not interested in and frankly I'm not smart enough to figure out how to make what I want..
So- how can I make htis work?.
385 days ago
Just saw this posted by CurvyChica - maybe you could follow it and use pepperoni..
Today I made Cauliflower Pizza after reading many different recipes. Here's a successful one that tasted like pizza! lol This pizza is one Lean and Green meal..
1 cup grated cauliflower.
1/4 cup eggbeaters.
2/3 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese.
2-3 tbs sugar free pasta sauce (tomato-based).
1/2 tsp oregano or italian spices.
1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms (or other vegetable you like more).
7 slices of turkey pepperoni slices (optional).
1. Mix 1 cup grated cauliflower with 1/4 cup Eggbeaters, 1/2 tsp oregano and 1/3c shredded low moisture part-skim or low-fat mozzarella cheese..
2. Spread onto parchment paper into a circle as thin or as thick as you'd like the crust to be (thinner = crispier and bigger pizza)..
3. Put this into a preheated 440 degree oven for 15 minutes, carefully flip over and put back into over for another 15 or so minutes. The edges should look almost burnt. The crispier you want it, the longer you'd leave it in..
4. Take 1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms and saute in pan, then add 2-3 tbs of sugar-free pasta sauce, stir..
5. Once crust is ready, cover with pasta sauce + mushrooms, add an extra 1/3 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, + 7 turkey pepperoni slices..
6. Broil just until cheese melts, take out and enjoy!.
383 days ago
The one cup recipe posted above is pretty great. You might also try using vegan soy pepperoni slices, which are actually pretty darn good!.
My one recommendation relatedto the above is that before putting the crust on the parchment paper, I usually do a quick little spritz of olive oil spray. it will flip over very easily!.
You will find that the crust isn't terribly crispy, and I have sometimes used a knife and fork to eat it, but it's still very good!.
You might also consider doing Portabella pizzas??? Take a big portabella cap (take out the stem), clean it, spritz with a bit of olive oil, and then George Foreman the heck out of it for like 12 minutes. It will come out very flat. Put it on a pizza pan, use 1-2 TBSP of pizza sauce, along with your turkey pepperoni, etc, and mozzarella cheese, and cook it for another 12-14 minutes. They make really good pizzas! I love this because you are eating mostly your green, and you still have a portion of your Lean left!.
374 days ago
That is the recipe I also use!I use a big head of cauliflower and make about 8 crusts which I freeze after baking,then take one out dress it and bake till cheese melts.Yummy!!.
366 days ago
Yeah Steph it's really filling with all the veggies I pile on!!.
293 days ago
Here's how I make mine..
- 1 c. cauliflower rice.
- 1 egg white.
- 6 oz fat free Mozzarella cheese.
- 1/2 c. Italian seasoned canned tomatoes, drained.
- 1/2 c. wilted spinach.
- 7 slices of turkey pepperoni.
1) Mix the cauliflower rice, egg while, and 2 oz of cheese. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper, then form the cauli mixture on the paper into a shape the resembles a pizza crust. Back at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, flip and cook another 10 minutes. When mine was cooked it was browned on both side. Top with the remaining 4 oz of cheese, tomatoes spinach, and pepperoni, then bake another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted..
2) To make cauliflower rice, grate raw cauliflower florets to the size of rice then microwave for 5 minutes. You can also use a food processor.
3) Photo guide,
1 pizza= 1 lean option & 3 green options.
Reply To This Post
in order to reply
© Copyright 2012-2013 ®
- All Rights Reserved
Terms & Conditions